Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. -Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV)
God’s promises and commands for our lives are solid. We are called to:
- Not worry about anything (Philippians 4:6)
- Do not fear or be discouraged, for He is with us (Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 41:10)
- Believe that He uses all things for our good (Romans 8:28)
- He has plans to prosper us, and not to harm us (Jeremiah 29:11)
- We need only be still, and He will fight for us (Exodus 14:14, Psalm 46:10)
- Hang in there, no matter what, and we will come out better (James 1:2-4)
- Not chase worldly things, but store up treasures in Heaven (Matthew 6:19)
- Not force our will and agenda in our lives, but surrender to His (Job 11:13-15)
- Forgive others as He forgave us (Colossians 3:13)
- Bless those who wrong us (Luke 6:28)
- Love others as He loves us (John 15:12)
- Don’t live by what we see, but by what we believe (2 Corinthians 5:7)
To each of these points, perhaps you or someone you know will retort, “I know, but…”
Any time we say this, we’ve built ourselves up as a dam to stop the flow of God’s will and blessings in our lives, getting in our own way and His. We’re stubbornly staying stuck in the mud, not going with His mighty and benevolent flow.
So how can we get unstuck?
- Spend time in His Word, and less time in worldly distractions that distort your priorities.
- Fellowship with other believers, and less with unbelievers, carnal Christians, and worldly Christians.
- Pray for more faith, more wisdom, more surrender to His will for your life.
As you let go more and more of self, and the attempt to control your life, you’ll let God flow in your life. And when you let Him flow in your life, “I know, but” will turn into “I believe.”
“Help Me Find It” by Sidewalk Prophets asks God to help us live in His will.
Beautiful! Lindsey wrote this verse in her journal just a few weeks ago…