I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.Psalm 40:1 (NASB)
Whenever you run across the number 40 in the bible, you know something big is about to occur:
- While Noah and family were in the ark, rain fell for 40 days and nights. (Genesis 7:4)
- When the floodwaters subsided and mountaintops could be seen, he waited 40 days to release a bird to find land. (Genesis 8:5-7)
- The Israelites wandered the wilderness for 40 years so that the generation of those who did not trust in Lord’s protection in the Promised Land would pass away, so that their descendants would enter in their stead. (Numbers 32:13)
- Goliath taunted the Israelites for 40 days before David defeated him. (1 Samuel 17:16)
- Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights in the desert before His temptation. (Matthew 4:2, Mark 1:13, Luke 4:2)
- Jesus ascended 40 days after His resurrection. (Acts 1:3)
As readers of this blog well know, the number 40 very significantly worked in my life, since I was 40 years old when God opened my eyes to accept Jesus as the Way, truth, life, and my Lord and savior.
I write this simple post as a reminder and testimony that God may test you and have you wait while He lays out His plan for you, but the result is always worth waiting for.
Like you, I still pray and believe that He continues to weave His amazing tapestry, woven from over 8 billion human lives and the world and universe we live in. And while He weaves it, we continue in faith and give Him thanks, praise, and supplication.
Keep the faith, no matter how long the journey seems. Don’t ever stop believing and praying. He’s carrying you as He lovingly weaves your story this very moment. Let us continue to walk by faith and not merely by sight.
“More” by Matthew West reminds us that God loves us more than all the wondrous creations He has made across this universe.
Leave a Reply