A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. -Proverbs 16:9 (NKJV)
Dream big. Pray big.
You’ve probably heard these said before. God is bigger and grander than any dream you can imagine and pray for. Don’t be shy about petitioning God with what’s in your heart. Here’s what I do in prayer before petitioning Him:
- I first, and always, come before Him with thanks and praise.
- I confess the sins of my heart to Him, repent of them, and ask forgiveness…and thank Him that His forgiveness is swift.
- I declare His blessings and plead the blood of Jesus over loved ones and myself for complete and total healing and restoration of physical, emotional, and spiritual infirmities.
I do these three things first to give Him the things in my heart that should not be there. I also examine my heart to verify that what I pray for will further glorify Him. I then continue in prayer, with an unburdened heart:
- I come boldly before His throne of grace to petition Him with the desires and dreams He has placed in my heart. I ask Him in Jesus’ holy and powerful name, knowing it will be done. I thank Him for making a way, and to show me the way.
- I ask Him to direct my steps in faith and obedience, so that each step toward answered prayers pleases Him.
- I thank Him for His Son’s finished work on the cross.
So, God will give me what I desire?
God will either give you what you desire according to His will and timing, or give you far more that you could ever expect or think you desired. So, win-win!
Do not underestimate the power of prayer. His Word says to come boldly before Him and to believe that which you pray for will come to pass. And remember how prayer is necessary to unlock certain paths and outcomes He has for you! Be persistent and pray without ceasing.
So go ahead, dream on and pray on. He’s listening.